Our summer has not consisted of much, but at the same time, quite a bit too. It started out by moving the day after John got out of school. As soon as we got to Ohio, we unpacked, put away, and then it was time for John to study for boards. He left everyday, and I continued to put things in their place and get to know the area a little bit. John's sister Trisha was with us also, which was VERY helpful! After about 2 weeks it was time for John's boards. He took them and called me on the way home and said, "Kristine, it was hard. I'm scared!" I knew he wouldn't have anything to be scared about, and he didn't! He passed!
So after mentally and physically relaxing for a few days it was time to fly to Idaho! We had such a great time with family and friends! We realized how much we miss Idaho and all it has to offer for families and the LDS atmosphere. But, we love our adventures out here in the east too. Lots happened while we were there. Unfortunately, a terrible accident happened at my parents on the 4th of July. My nephew, McKellen was critically injured from a 4-wheeler accident. Only through blessings and prayer was he able to pull through, and is now home and well. Again, the power of prayer is AMAZING!
After the 4th, we had a slip n' slide party with both John and I's family. It was a windy, awful day, but was still a lot of fun as you can see in the pics below! Shelley, Ray, Tiffany and Whitney were able to come join us that weekend and we loved spending time with them all!
We also got to spend time with some of our Idaho friends. MAN, do we ever miss all of you. It's so hard to leave such great friends and try to find others to match you all! But, we are sooooooooooo greatful that we are able to remain close and keep those friendships that we do have. Thanks for everything you guys!
So, after almost 3 weeks in Idaho, it was time to fly back to Ohio. We got in about 1 a.m. and John had to shower and re-pack to leave for Chicago. So, he left and it was just the girls' and I for a week. We did a lot of recouping from the trip. Poor John didn't have time to recoup. He finially came home, and we've spent the last 2 weeks together as a family, just enjoying each other. John just started rotations on Aug. 4th. He started on a psych rotation and says it's ok, but not his field. We are happy and healthy and appreciate all those who have helped us this summer with the move and our Idaho trip. We love you all and miss you! Hope to see you next year!



1 comment:
Hey you, we really miss you guys. It was fun chatting online with John the other day. I love teasing him. I know he can take a joke because of how much he put up with Steve. Your girls are getting so big and I miss them. I wish it was a Wednesday in Ankeny and I was on my way out for lunch and bows. I'll always cherish those moments.
Post a Comment